Sunday 9 March 2014

War Of The Mascara

Hey Everyone :) For my second blog post I am going to compare 3 brands of mascara! So off I go..

1. Essence Maximum Definition Volume Mascara:

I recently bought this mascara as I have heard great things about it and decided to give it a try, and I love it! It has a plastic flexible brush which gives great volume to the lashes. The one thing I love most about this mascara is it does not leave your lashes clumpy or stuck together like other mascaras, the plastic comb is spaced well, allowing it to get between the lashes. I myself have quite long lashes and using this mascara makes them even longer which sometimes I dislike as my lashes almost look too fake, but for someone with shorter lashes it would be perfect!. This mascara is also affordable to buy which is helpful to us students that are quite broke, the price for this mascara was 3.50 Euro and the essence range is available in most chemists.

2. Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Rockin' Curves:

I bought this mascara a little while ago, as I loved the look of the packaging and the brush was different. After trying this for the first time I didnt like it at all, it made my lashes clump together and left lumps of mascara on my lashes which I dislike. In my opinion i think the bottle opening should be tighter to reduce the mascara that comes out on the brush this way maybe it wouldn't clump on the lashes. To me this mascara is one of my least favorites and gets a thumbs down, it is also not worth the price of 8.99 Euro.

Tip: If you have purchased this mascara already and find the same problem try slightly squeezing the brush in a piece of tissue to take some of the mascara off this will reduce the clumping on the lashes.

3.Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara:

This mascara I have had for a while now, and I find it quite good.
Although the brush turned me off at first as I have had mascaras in the past with brushes similar to this which I found terrible but I gave it a chance and it impressed me somewhat. This mascara is meant for volume which it stands up to as it gave my lashes great volume and length and didn't clump my lashes or leave lumps of mascara on them. The only one downfall to this mascara is if you have some mascara left on your lashes from a previous application, applying this mascara on top or even touching up your mascara it leaves your lashes clumped together. I myself find after a while the volume in my lashes deflates and i like to touch it up, but using this mascara I cant. This mascara comes in at a more expensive price of 11.99 euro.

After comparing these mascaras I have chosen the Essence Maximum Definition Volume Mascara as my winner!
This mascara offers me the best result and at a low cost price, so I would encourage all to try this product as it is well worth it!
If you have already tried this product why not leave a comment with your opinion.

Thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoyed :)
Stay tuned for my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment