Tuesday 13 May 2014

'Do They Really Work' - Oriflame Mascara

It is that time again for a product review and today I decided to do a review on two Oriflame mascaras I bought recently, well its more of a 'does it really work' kind of review. I bought these two mascaras so I could see if they actually do as they say in the catalogue.
Hyper Stretch XL
The Hyper Stretch XL mascara contains 4mm fibres and Pro-Long Complex. In the catalogue it says this mascara gives stunning volume and false effect to the lashes. The Pro-Long Complex is said to complement the natural growth cycle of lashes by stimulating genes linked to keratin production, hair growth, stability and promotes length, fullness and strength.
Although I have only tried this product for a short period I haven't been able to see any growth yet, but I will continue to use the mascara to see if it does promote growth.
The Brush
I personally dislike these types of mascara brushes but I was pleasantly surprised by this one! Unlike other mascaras, this brush came out with a small amount of product on it and wasn't saturated or messy looking. When applying to my lashes it did take a few strokes to get a good bit of the product onto them but it didn't clump like others I have tried.

 Application
 
I already have quite long lashes but after applying the mascara I can definitely see the difference, although I would of loved for them to look thicker. This was my lashes after 3 coats of the mascara, maybe with a few more coast I might of got the volume/thickness I was looking for. When looking at my lashes done using The One Volume blast mascara I cant see much of a difference in regards the added fibre to me it just looks like my own lashes so I'm unsure if the fibres are really adding length to my already long lashes, But I have to say this product definitely impressed me. This mascara costs €11.49 in the catalogue which is reasonable for this product. Anyone with short lashes would benefit a lot from this mascara as it doesn't leave a mess and you can apply several coats without getting that clumpy mascara look.
All in all I think it is safe to say this product does work, well on the lengthening, but I still have to see if it helps with growth.

The One Volume Blast
The One Volume Blast Mascara contains a rich creamy formulation and bold boost wax system to deliver ultra volume all the time. When I seen this mascara I was so intrigued by the whole Wax Boost System and was curious to know if it would be any different to regular mascaras, so I bought it to test it out.
The Brush
This brush is a first for me, iv never had a brush that was just one size, any mascara iv tried would go from thin to wide. The rubber like brushes are definitely my favourite I just feel that they brush the lashes a lot better than the regular brushes. In the catalogue it says 'Lash-grabbing brush catches every lash for super separation and bombastic volume' , this excited me as I love volume lashes because I already have the length but not the volume/thickness.

Application
I cant believe how long my lashes are with this mascara! I have to say I was so happy with this result. The brush done exactly as it said it would it by catching each lash for super separation. I will definitely be using this mascara in the future and I recommend it to anyone looking for a decent mascara. This one cost €12.45 which is slightly expensive but is definitely worth it as you can see from the picture.

Out of the two mascaras my favourite would have to be The One Volume Blast, it really did what it said it would and I just love the look it gave my lashes.

I hope you all enjoyed this review, if you did please comment and if you have tried any of these products do let me know what you thought as I love to here other peoples opinions :)
If you have any suggestions for posts or videos you would like to see please comment below or let me know on twitter or any of my other accounts.
check me out on my other accounts if you would like to see more :) I will also leave the link to the Oriflame website where you can check out other products they supply :)
Thank you for reading :)
Love
VelvetVogue
X


1 comment: