Friday 6 June 2014

TRESemme Expert Selection Keratin Smooth Treatment Review!

Hello my Beauties, today I am going to do an in depth review of the TRESemme Expert Selection Keratin Smooth Treatment, I have been using this for the past few weeks and only this so I could do a proper review of this product for you guys :) I hope you all enjoy :)
First I will start with the product itself, this is the heat activated keratin treatment. It comes in a 120ml bottle with a pump. This product is priced at €7.79/£6.99 in Boots Stores.
What does this product do?
(Taken from the back of the product)
This product was designed to work with the heat of your straighteners to transform unruly hair into gorgeous salon-smooth hair that even lasts for up to 4 washes! Now you can easily create your smooth style everyday with less frizz and more manageability.
The next product I bought from the collection was the Keratin smooth shampoo and conditioner. They come in a 250ml Tube and are priced at €7.79/£5.99 Each in Boots Stores.
What do theses Products do? 
(Taken from the back of the products)
Shampoo: This product is infused with keratin and made with lower sulfates, it gently cleanses and removes impurities. For up to 7 days of salon-smooth styles, use as the first step with 7 day keratin smooth conditioner and 7 day Heat Activated Treatment, Gentle enough for everyday use on colour treated hair.
Conditioner: This conditioner, as part of the 7 Day Smooth System, works with the heat of your straightener to transform unruly hair into salon-smooth hair that even lasts up to 4 washes. You can easily create your style everyday with less frizz and more manageability. gentle enough for everyday use and on colour treated hair.
*Look out in boots for 3for2 deals on hair care*
Before The Treatment
Here are images of my hair before the keratin treatment, I have always had a bit of a kink/frizz to my hair and the only way I got rid of it was by straightening it but that meant straightening my hair everyday, which is really bad and it eventually ruined my hair, so I have been looking for a treatment that would allow me the freedom of not having to straighten my hair everyday.
When I seen the ad for this product I was curious to know if it worked and I thought why not buy it, try it and then review it for my lovelies as I am sure many people would love to know if it actually works!
Treatment Process:
 1. Shampoo
The first step is to wash your hair with the keratin smooth shampoo, apply an even amount of the shampoo onto wet hair, massage thoroughly and rinse out
2. Conditioner
The next step is to apply the conditioner evenly to the hair, leave for 2-3 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
3. Applying Treatment
Towel dry hair, Apply approximately 8-10 pumps of the product to the hair (which seems like a lot but remember this is a (up to) one week treatment)
make sure to avoid the scalp, then comb the product through the hair to ensure its spread out evenly.
4. Activating the treatment
Blow dry hair until it is completely dry. To activate the treatment technology you need to straighten your hair in small sections using a straightener at its highest setting. Repeat this 3- 5 times on each section.
After Treatment
This is an image of my hair after the treatment has been activated, but when I usually straighten my hair it looks just like this. So what I was curious to know was how long my hair would stay straight, usually after an hour or less my hair would slowly go back to its kinkiness, which meant straightening my hair was kind of pointless. But I was pleasantly surprised, my hair stayed this exact way the entire day!!, I was over the moon I couldn't believe it! The next question I asked myself was will it still be straight the next day or will I need to straighten it again, so lets have a look...
Day 2+3
 
The next morning I was amazed!!, usually I would wake up with a birds nest on my head because I move so much in my sleep, but when I woke up I brushed my hair and it was still straight! I would usually have to straighten my hair again the next day but with this treatment I didn't have to which was amazing and saved me so much time when I was getting ready.
Day 4+5
 I suffer from greasy hair so on day 4 and 5 I just put my hair in a ponytail and it was still straight! I am still in shock to this day that something so cheap could actually work so well!
Day 6
I washed my hair using the TRESemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner, I didn't apply the treatment as it is only suppose to be applied once a week. I dried my hair as normal and I didn't straighten it at all, I was surprised to see the difference in my hair, if you look at the following picture you will see the difference in my hair when it was washed without the shampoo, conditioner and treatment and when I washed my hair 6 days after the treatment.
I myself can definitely see the difference, after washing my hair I didn't have to straighten it to get rid of the frizz and kinks.
Day 7
In the morning I got up and brushed my hair and then took the picture, as you can see my hair is slowly going back to the kinky frizz but is still not as bad as it was, I didn't straighten my hair that day either as I felt it didn't need it. Although the treatment said it lasts up to 4 washes, this was my hair after the first wash, but I try to wash my hair only 2-3 times a week depending on where and what I am doing, but the fact the treatment lasted the entire week is good enough for me, but for someone who washes their hair every day or every second day it may not last as long, but iv been surprised by it so maybe it would, although its not good for your hair to be washing it so often as you are suppose to allow the natural oils work down your hair.
Overall Opinion
After using this product I am just amazed at the result!, I am currently still using the products and I will continue to use it in my hair. It has been 3 weeks since I started using it and I only straightened my hair once and that was when I reapplied the treatment the beginning of this week. I actually managed to get two weeks out of the first treatment application as I wasn't going anywhere and my hair was tied up for most of the week. My hair feels and looks great now that I have stopped using the straighteners. I really do love this product and I recommend it to anyone who feels like their hair needs it and even for people who are considering getting the keratin treatment in a salon/hairdressers I would suggest you try this product first before spending huge amounts of money on something that can be done at home. From reading the back of the conditioner I get the impression that the conditioner can be used as a treatment on its own. So drop me a comment below if you would like to see a review on how the conditioner works on its own without the treatment :)
If any of you have tried this product please leave a comment with your thoughts.
I hope you all enjoyed this review and please let me know what you think :) Also if you know anyone who would benefit from this product please do share it with them :)
If you haven't already why not check out my new YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/velvetvogue101
Thank you all for reading :)
Love
VelvetVogue
X








No comments:

Post a Comment